This agreement was written in English (US). Please note that Section 16 contains certain changes to the general terms for users outside the
Date of Last Revision: May 11, 2010
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement") derives from the Uwelife Principles, and governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Uwelife. By using or accessing Uwelife, you agree to this Statement.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Uwelife, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Uwelife ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
3. When you use an application, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information. When you publish content or information using the "everyone" setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Uwelife, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
4. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Uwelife, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep Uwelife safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
1. You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Uwelife.
2. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Uwelife, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Uwelife.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
9. You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes ("promotion") on Uwelife without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion, and will follow our Promotions Guidelines and all applicable laws.
10. You will not use Uwelife to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
11. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of Uwelife, such as a denial of service attack.
12. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
Registration and Account Security
Uwelife users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on Uwelife, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal profile.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
5. You will not use Uwelife if you are under 13.
6. You will not use Uwelife if you are a convicted sex offender.
7. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
8. You will not share your password, (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account (including any page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
10. If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on Uwelife that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on Uwelife if we believe that it violates this Statement.
3. We will provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, visit our How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement page.
4. If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with anopportunity to appeal.
5. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
6. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including Uwelife, the Uwelife and F Logos, FB, Face, Poke, Wall and 32665), or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
8. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Uwelife.
9. You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
About Advertisements on Uwelife
Our goal is to deliver ads that are not only valuable to advertisers, but also valuable to you. In order to do that, you agree to the following:
1. You can use your privacy settings to limit how your name and profile picture may be associated with commercial or sponsored content served by us. You give us permission to use your name and profile picture in connection with that content, subject to the limits you place.
2. We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
3. You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
You can target your specific audience by buying ads on Uwelife or our publisher network. The following additional terms apply to you if you place an order through our online advertising portal ("Order"):
1. When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy, the amount you want to spend, and your bid. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available.
2. You will pay for your Orders in accordance with our Payments Terms. The amount you owe will be calculated based on our tracking mechanisms.
3. Your ads will comply with our Advertising Guidelines.
4. We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
5. We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks you will get.
6. We cannot control how people interact with your ads, and are not responsible for click fraud or other improper actions that affect the cost of running ads. We do, however, have systems to detect and filter certain suspicious activity.
7. You can cancel your Order at any time through our online portal, but it may take up to 24 hours before the ad stops running. You are responsible for paying for those ads.
8. Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your Order. You understand, however, that if users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain until the users delete it.
9. We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
10. You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with Uwelife without written permission.
We may reject or remove any ad for any reason.
If you are placing ads on someone else's behalf, we need to make sure you have permission to place those ads, including the following:
12. You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to this Statement.
13. You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this Statement, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Uwelife to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2.2, 2.4, 3-5, 8.2, 9.1-9.3, 9.9, 9.10, 9.13, 9.15, 9.18, 10.3, 11.2, 11.5, 11.6, 11.9, 11.12, 11.13, and 14-18.
You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute
("claim") you have with us arising out of or relating to this
Statement or Uwelife exclusively in a state or federal court located in
2. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Uwelife, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
WE TRY TO KEEP UWELIFE UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT
YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING UWELIFE "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS
OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO
NOT GUARANTEE THAT UWELIFE WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. UWELIFE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE
FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU
RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND
DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY
CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A
1. By "Uwelife" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.uwelife.com and any other Uwelife branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; and (c) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
By "us," "we" and "our" we mean Uwelife,
Inc., or if you are outside of the
3. By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Uwelife or provide data to us.
4. By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions you take.
5. By "content" we mean anything you post on Uwelife that would not be included in the definition of "information."
6. By "data" we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from Uwelife or provide to Uwelife through Platform.
7. By "post" we mean post on Uwelife or otherwise make available to us (such as by using an application).
8. By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
9. By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into Uwelife at least once in the previous 30 days.
10. By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives data from us.
1. This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Uwelife, and supersedes any prior agreements.
2. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
3. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
4. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
5. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
6. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
7. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
8. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.